What you’ll need
- 2 large Maris Piper potatoes
- Rapeseed oil for deep frying
- Sea salt
Cooking time20 mins
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes and cut lengthways into roughly 1cm slices. Cut each slice into fairly thick chips and rinse in a colander under plenty of cold water & Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 130°C. Carefully lower the chips into the hot oil & fry for 10 minutes or until cooked but not browned.
- Carefully remove the chips from the pan, set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- Raise the oil temperature to 190°C. Lower the chips gently into the fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown.
- Remove from the fryer and drain. Serve sprinkled with sea salt and vinegar.