What you’ll need
- 1 pack Young’s Cooked & Peeled Prawns
- 1 tbsp celery, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp cucumber finely diced
- 1 tbsp radishes finely sliced
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown baguette sliced
Marie Rose Sauce
- 3 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato ketchup
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 splash Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Cooking time20 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- To make the croutons: place the slices of baguette on a baking tray & drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven & bake for 8- 10 minutes. Set aside to cool & then roughly crush them.
- To make the Marie Rose sauce, mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the celery, cucumber, radishes & prawns in a bowl, add the Marie Rose sauce & stir gently to combine.
- Take the outer leaves of the little gem lettuces & divide them between two glass serving dishes. Shred the remaining lettuce & place in the base of the dish, and spoon the Prawn Cocktail mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the crushed croutons and serve.
- Enjoy with a chilled glass of Rosé D’Anjou.