Cooking time20 mins
How to make it
- First, place Scampi onto a baking tray on the top shelf of a pre-heated oven (220ºc/Fan 190ºc) and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut lengthways into roughly 1cm chips. Rinse in a colander under cold water and pat dry.
- Next, heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to roughly 130ºc and carefully lower the chips into the oil for 10 minutes until cooked but not browned.
- Carefully remove the chips from the pan and set aside.
- Then, raise the oil temperature to 190ºc and lower the chips gently back into the fryer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Finally, remove the chips from the fryer and sprinkle with sea salt to serve with the Wholetail Scampi. Finish with a side of tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon.