Cooking time35 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the sliced potatoes on a baking tray, season with salt & pepper & drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, toss well & spread out evenly. Place on the top shelf of the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat & place the salmon fillets skin side down in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes, turn & cook for a further 1 minute. Remove the salmon from the frying pan & place on a baking tray skin side up. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil & sauté the red onions for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes & cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the balsamic vinegar & cook for a further 40 seconds.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl with the tomato and onion mixture, add the basil & season with salt & pepper. Toss together gently to combine. Divide the potato salad between four plates & place the salmon on top. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve.
- Serve with Parmesan shavings.
- Enjoy with a chilled glass of Pinot Gris.