What you’ll need
- 1 bag Young’s Gastro Wholetail Scampi
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
Twice cooked chips
- 2 large Maris Piper potatoes
- Rapeseed oil, for deep frying
- Sea salt
Minted mushy peas
- 200g frozen peas
- 20g butter
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp tarragon, chopped
- 1tsp mint, chopped
How to make it
- Cook the Gastro Wholetail Scampi following the pack instructions.
For the twice cooked chips
- Peel the potatoes and cut lengthways into roughly 1cm slices. Cut each slice into fairly thick chips and rinse in a colander under plenty of cold water & pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 130°C. Carefully lower the chips into the hot oil & fry for 10 minutes or until cooked but not browned.
- Carefully remove the chips from the pan, set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oil to 190°C. Lower the chips gently into the fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown. Remove from the fryer and drain & serve sprinkled with sea salt and vinegar.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 2 minutes & drain.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor or use a potato masher.
- Add the butter, vinegar & herbs & process for a short time until broken down but still retaining some texture.
- To serve place chips and 2 pieces of Gastro Wholetail Scampi into a mini cone season with the sea salt & vinegar and serve with minted mushy peas – great for entertaining!